desktop fails to load?

Mr_Nice_Guy 15:40 29 Nov 03

Hi, just now i tried to boot up my pc, and when i log in, the wallpaper comes up but the GUI doesnt i.e. no taskbar, no icons etc. i am loading the programs now through task manager. help all. thanks in advance.

ps. i have already rebooted like 3 times to no avail and also logged in as different user.

Mr_Nice_Guy 15:42 29 Nov 03

hm.. i also cant log into i.e. email, amazon using secure server. it says server not found or something.

Mr_Nice_Guy 15:47 29 Nov 03

sorry message should read 'could not connect to remote server'

Mr_Nice_Guy 15:49 29 Nov 03

okay now something is really weird. a program seeming to be written in delphi loaded itself just now and says 'it's time' then i click okay and it says runtime error not found and then the dekstop loaded up. Arghw hats going on? virus? or hacker?

AndySD 16:19 29 Nov 03

If you have an up to date antivirus then run it ... if not try the free one click here also moosoft have a free trial of there trojan remover click here . Post back the results.

Mr_Nice_Guy 16:39 29 Nov 03

i have norton antivirus. will that do? im gonna start the scan now and will post back results.

Mr_Nice_Guy 16:58 29 Nov 03

hi again, i ran the scan and all virus definitions were up to date mind you. no infected files found. what could have caused the desktop not loading. Anyone else have any ideas?

AndySD 16:55 30 Nov 03

Try running Bootvis click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…