Desktop Display Colour

MatElstead 11:12 07 Feb 05

I recently upgraded my processor/motherboard to AMD XP2600 and reinstalled Windows XP. Since then my display intermittently changes colour from the rich Windows blue to a washed out yellow/green. My graphics card is a ATI Radeon 9000. I've checked display properties/appearance etc but the colour changes without any apparent reason !! Can anyone help me solve this problem please ?

Gongoozler 11:39 07 Feb 05

Hi MatElstead

Have a look at the colour chart on this page click here.

It is my suspicion that you will find one of the saturated colours (the ones with one colour at 255, and the other two at 0) is missing. If I'm right, then it is my guess that you have lost the connection to one colour in the monitor cable. Another possibility is that two colours have shorted together which will result in one saturated colour being correct and two others wrong. I have this problem if my monitor cable is sharply kinked.

SANTOS7 12:21 07 Feb 05

as gongoozler suggests it may well be one of the pins on your power cable is bent or broken off in my case not so long ago it was one of the primary light guns in my monitor, no option but to buy new monitor, a fair test at this time would be to,if possible try another monitor to maybe elliminate this problem, since you have recently had to remove the cable to install your new hardware i would start with that,good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…