Desktop Display

taggs 13:04 19 Oct 04

Hi everyone,
when i've finished playing system intensive games, such as doom3 blackhawk down, MOH etc, my desktop seems to take ages to revert back to normal,I get large blocks of black screen which slowly return and icons reappear one at a this the norm? or is my system jst to slow!
running windows xp on athlon xp2400+ 512mb ram geforce xf5200 256mb
many thanks

Diemmess 13:19 19 Oct 04

Games are known to use every scrap of power and memory, and some are not good at letting go when you leave.

If this happens every time, yet doesn't seem to affect ordinary use from a normal startup, then you can probably clear this "constipation" with a reboot at the earliest reasonable time.

taggs 18:29 19 Oct 04

thanks for the info, my system dosn't suffer in any way and after a few mins everything runs normal

Diemmess 19:35 19 Oct 04

I'll bet the memory stealer is one of your most demanding games, so you won't really be able to do anything except be patient.

There are some programs available which can re-allocate memory from a closing application, though it must be a careful choice to avoid any deterioration in your computer's ability to do this for itself. Also every time you add something which runs in the background, it adds to the loading and slows the system

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…