Desktop dead as a dodo we think.

Sparkly 18:37 02 Oct 09

Hi people just been asked to look at a freinds desktop (not branded) that he had someone build for him about five years ago,he was adding a new keyboard today and was trying to push the connector in and got it jammed i think by what he was explaining,anyway he pulled the silver end off of the purple connector leaving the pin end in the m/b side if you can understand that, he had managed to pull the silver end out of the m/b connector but now the desktop will not start. I have swopped the power unit for a known working one but nothing not even the fan spins when i push the button, disconected everything drives/floppy and had just the 20pin m/b connector in but nothing happens, could he have done some serious damage to it.
Its an Asrock m/b with K758X prited on it.
The PSU has a 400W max output.
He is a MS sufferer and is not paticulary gentle but a very nice person and needs some help,
Thanks.

woodchip 18:49 02 Oct 09

If this was a PS/2 Keyboard, and he pushed it in while Computer turned on he will have blown the motherboard

Sparkly 19:14 02 Oct 09

Hi woodchip that does not sound good...and it looking as if that might be the case,
Thanks for your reply.

woodchip 19:38 02 Oct 09

If he can get the bits out you can try it with a new keyboard, WITH POWER SWITCHED OFF

Sparkly 22:15 02 Oct 09

woodchip thanks will do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac