desktop computer versatility

cubicle 20:21 01 Dec 04

i have 2 computers, only 1 is in use at one time at present i am having switch following cables from 1 computer to the other monitor,mouse,keyboard, (both cordless) & broadband connection.is there a method of permantly connecting both computers so i don't have keep switching cables refered to above!

Gemma 20:35 01 Dec 04

You need a KVM switch (keyboard, video, mouse) that connects one set of bits to two or more computers. Buy a simple one that includes a set of cables and you can dance between the two by touching a button. KVM's go from super simple and cheap to top end devices for controlling hundreds of PC's in a server farm.

The cordless bits should plug into the sockets on the KVM.

You can share the broadband either through a modem / router or a simple peer to peer network if you have LAN adaptors on both PC's or are willing to fit them. This site is full of advice and how-to's for this as is the web in general.

TomJerry 20:41 01 Dec 04

(1) to share keyboard, mouse and monitor, you need to have a KVM switch. Belkin 2-Port KVM Switch with Built-In Cabling - Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse Switch £25.06 click here, Ebuyer 2 port KVM Switch with Cables £18.79 click here. Blkin one is better looking

(2) To share BB, the best way is to use a router: Ebuyer 4 Port ADSL Modem Router £30.75 click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…