desktop clean up vista

kingussie 17:29 12 Jul 08

In trying to export my Contacts from my phone to my PC Windows Vista I inadvertantly put them on my desktop. Now I have 300 plus items on my desk top and cannot clean them out or remove except one by one. How do I do this easily. Vista does not have the old XP program for clean up

Pineman100 17:49 12 Jul 08

Open Windows Explorer, and click on Desktop. This will give you a list of all files on your desktop.

If you're lucky, your contacts will all be listed sequentially. If that's the case, click on the first one to highlight it. Now hold down Shift and click on the last one. The whole list will highlight.

Now right-click on any of the highlighted objects (be sure that your cursor is right on a highlighted object when you do this, otherwise all the highlighting will disappear!). Then click Delete on the menu.

If your contacts are not listed sequentially, and have other files scattered amongst them, then you'll have to highlight them all individually. Hold down CTRL and click each one in turn - this will highlight them all. Then delete them as above. It'll be a bit more long-winded than the option above, but it still shouldn't take too long.

kingussie 18:13 12 Jul 08

Pineman100 you are 100% That worked and most were sequential and the rest I shot them down one by one !! and now I have a desktop back many thanks !!

Pineman100 18:16 12 Jul 08

Glad to hear it. If you're happy that this thread is complete, please tick the box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…