desktop cant find/run csrss.exe

rangerjohn 03 Nov 11

a couple of weeks ago i got a couple of virus' on my pc but i eventually got rid of them but now when i start my pc i get a box saying 'could not find or run C:user/johnny\appdata\local\temp\csrss.exe specified in the registry everything works ok for me (net/films/music and downloads are fine)the thing is ive checked on the net and some people are saying i definitely need it others say it was a virus (obviously one that my pc deleted)the thing is DO i neeed it and can i just ignore the box or should i find it again

thanx

gengiscant 03 Nov 11

Always helps to mention operating system. Try this: Scannow

buteman 03 Nov 11

looks like a temp file would delete browsing history in I/E not remove it.

buteman 03 Nov 11

Have you checked in Task manager to make sure csrss.exe is running .

johndrew 03 Nov 11

This file should be in the Windows/System32 folder. Read this and/or this.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message