Desktop Backgrounds - WinXP Pro

micktrish 09:58 25 Oct 04

Can anybody tell me how to get rid of old desktop themes which have accumulated on my computer, Iam using XP Pro......

Graham ® 10:04 25 Oct 04

You will have to delete them from where they are saved, for example, 'My Pictures'.

micktrish 11:09 25 Oct 04

No Cant find them anywhere, originals were deleted

Graham ® 12:07 25 Oct 04

From MS:

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display. Or, right-click an empty area of the desktop, and then click Properties.

2. Click the Themes tab, and then, in the Theme list, click the theme that you want to delete.

A preview of the theme is displayed in the Sample box.
3. Click Delete.

micktrish 15:54 25 Oct 04

No Ive still got the background pictures there...

jabisfab 16:04 25 Oct 04

Have you tried a file search using a theme file extension? may help you locate them for deleting.

micktrish 14:02 29 Oct 04

Found the answer myself by accident...took all Photos out of the My Pictures file and put them into another folder and hey presto they go from the desktop background file

JaßîsFaß ˜ 12:35 30 Nov 04

I think that it all depends where you last linked your background selection to. If you use the browse button to find a picure in another location, any other pictures you have in that folder may also get listed as available backgrounds.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 12:45 15 Dec 04

guess we can have a tick

Djohn 13:00 15 Dec 04

Graham ® told you to look there in his post at 10:04 All your photo's saved to the "My Pictures" folder will appear in your backgrounds selection. ;o)

JaßîsFaß ˜ 21:16 28 Dec 04

Please tick resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…