Desktop Backgrounds - links to pictures

PA28 14:27 11 Oct 04

Startup in XP Home (with SP2) getting a little protracted and desktop icons refreshing on each boot-up. Looked at Desktop Backgrounds available and find that the majority of the content of My Pictures folder is now listed (all 2.8Gb worth of files!). None are in the root directory of C:\My Pictures as there is a further subfolder in the tree C:\My Pictures\Photos, from which there is a further series of titled subfolders to enable me to locate pictures.

Since I run with a plain vanilla background (ie none), how do I erase all these apparent links?

PA28 15:02 11 Oct 04

OK - sorry, I should have thought about this a bit more and then I'd have answered my own question. Simply moving all my photos out of My Pictures into a new folder in My Documents (named "My Photos"!) cured the problem in less than 5 seconds. Hope this might help someone else!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…