Desktop background display

addtoo 14:27 01 Feb 08

I cannot change my desktop background display. It will not let me scroll up and down the options and the browse facility is blanked out. Also position facility is blanked out. If I go into a picture and ask it to be set as desktop background it doesn't do it. I don't know if I have somehow locked it but if I have I don't know how or how to unlock. Please help if you can. Thanks

Graham. 15:53 01 Feb 08

XP? You must be logged on as Administrator. Go to User Accounts in Control Panel.

Graham. 16:08 01 Feb 08

click here Click on Allow Wallpaper/Background Changes, download and run.

addtoo 17:10 01 Feb 08

Graham,
I am logged on as the administrator, I went to control panel as changed to guest, but it still didn't allow me to change the background.

I clicked on your next fix, and printed off the relevant section, but can't see a download and run part. Am I stupid or what.

Graham. 17:12 01 Feb 08

Click on the 'Allow Wallpaper ...' text. You will get a download window.

addtoo 21:18 02 Feb 08

Hi Graham,

I did what you suggested but it is still the same,blanked out so I am still unable to chage it. Have you any further suggestions?

bowman 21:39 02 Feb 08

Hi
Have read here :

click here

It maybe of some help?

lotvic 22:02 02 Feb 08

maybe Spyware related click here=
have you had any warning screens after running scans for malware/spyware/virus?

addtoo 13:28 08 Feb 08

Many thanks to Bowman and everyone else for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…