Lucypie 11:40 03 Nov 05

I switch my PC on but the bar at the top of the screen that has the START button etc is missing. Also, my Internet ICON has disappeared.

rawprawn 14:58 03 Nov 05

I don't quite understand the first part of your question (My Start Buuton is bottom left) but regarding the Internet Icon, if you mean the little tv sets next to the clock that show when you are connected. Go to Control Panel/Network Connections/Right click on you connection/Properties/ General Tab, and at the bottom lhs tick the box "Show Icon in notification area when connected"

Lucypie 15:15 03 Nov 05

Thanks for replying but when I switch my PC on the bar with the START button that's usually either at the top and bottom of the screen is missing so I can't access the control panel.

Splork 15:18 03 Nov 05

There should be a single line remaining - move the mouse to the very top or bottom of the screen and the bar should reappear - right click it, select Properties and uncheck Auto-hide the Taskbar.

Lucypie 15:43 03 Nov 05

Thanks Splork - I'll try that and get back to you if it still doesn't work!

Lucypie 08:35 04 Nov 05

Still not working. There's no "My Computer" icon on my desktop now and I keep getting error windows - I think it's a major problem - Ihave to call someone in.

Thanks for help anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…