Deskjet 940C Printing Problem

gandonas 20:51 05 Nov 08

Deskjet 940C Printing Problem

Just spent hours trying to rectify printer problem , blinking light indicating cartridge problem , replaced cartridges , same flashing light , read post about spring in cartridge holder , have looked an can assure it aint there but does seem feasible that it looks like an inportant part of the holding mechanism , but it aint there and my printer hasnt moved in six months , anyone got ideas about this , earlier posts indicated a missing spring but it doesnt seem right , this 940c has been printing and printing then all of a sudden , nil ?

bobbybluenose 21:03 05 Nov 08

gandonas
you have got to use original cartridges the 940c will not take compatible ones.

bobbybluenose 21:05 05 Nov 08

gandonas
try to keep to this thread you will get a better response cheers bobbby

gandonas 22:03 05 Nov 08

Interesting , but Im confused , the printer was running fine with compatibles until the problem occurred.

A tricolour from a Company called Ryman and a black from Morrisons (supermarket) , I renewed both and no change - Ive just put the old Ryman tricolour one back in and the new Morrisons black ...... No flashing light ! and lo and behold Ive just printed !!

All very confusing , perhaps you can let me know where I can get reasonably priced original cartridges as Id prefer to stick with whats best for the job.

Thanks in advance

DieSse 22:52 05 Nov 08

I ran a 940C for over two years on a wide variety of compatible cartridges. The only reason I don't use it now is a new (free) Officejet all-in-one.

Though I'm thinking of going back to the 940C as the big compatible cartridges last for ever (almost) and make it very cheap to run.

So - take (or send) back the non-working compatibles and get replacements or your money back, is my recommendation.

bobbybluenose 16:00 06 Nov 08

gandonos
you can get them topped up at cartridge world for about £9,00 each

gandonas 16:49 06 Nov 08

Thought Id resolved the problem , but today ran into difficulty when printer stopped during second page , looks like the problem is still there , same flashing light - do you think its worth taking the compatibles back for a refund and buying HPs , that way I rule out the compatability issue in entirety - also bobbybluenose , what about the phantom spring , is it a phantom issue or was it left as one of those unanswered things that we never got to the bottom of ? - everyones thoughts and help is much appreciated.

Regards
GA

bobbybluenose 18:41 06 Nov 08

GA
thats the way i would go at least you can rule out compatible
good luck this worked for me

the hick 20:18 06 Nov 08

I have a 940C, bought April 2002. Always used refilled cartridges, I don't believe that is the cause of any problems. Mine has had a few glitches, and I have a feeling sometimes caused by dirty contacts on back of the cartridges. I have also uninstalled the driver a couple of tomes, and downloaded from HP website. The 940C seems very well built to me, mine has been well used on 4 years of A-level courses and now college work.

gandonas 22:47 06 Nov 08

Thanks for input , are you saying that you uninstalled and downloaded from HP to resolve this particular problem or do you mean it might be an idea to try and resolve it. BBY is right to say I can eliminate the cartridge issue by reverting to new , will do this but tend to side on other avenues , after all its been working fine , does your 940C have the metal springy strip on the cartridge mount ( black ) please advise , Id be most greatful.

woodchip 22:56 06 Nov 08

940c i think you are getting ready for a new printer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009