Deskjet 610C envelope jam

GrahamP 19:19 25 Mar 04

XP Pro SP1 and Microsoft Office Pro 97.

This printer prints A4 pages perfectly but when I feed it a DL envelope, (whether it's one through the single feeder or a stack in the lower tray) it feeds it as far as the print cartridge, makes a horrible clunk and jams with both lights flashing. It does this every time. Powering the printer off, pulling the envelope free and restarting it twice, (the first time makes a different clunk and flashes both lights again) resets it.

It's a while since I've used it for printing envelopes and it was probably a different combination of operating system and word processor when I did. But I remember having to alter default envelope printing options to correct a similar fault. I've hunted the HP business forums for the info again without success. I've also tried resetting the options to various combinations but the result is the same.

Has anyone encountered this problem and fixed it?

All suggestions welcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…