DEP-Windows Explorer closing down

toofy 19:47 04 Sep 08

My PC keeps closing down Windows Explorer. With your help I have just got rid of a Trojan Horse Backdoor Ircbot. Does the fact that this warning DEP shows each time I start up mean something or all of Windows Explorer is infected? I have done full scans with Malwarebytes', in Safe Mode, which are now clean. How concerned should I be about this DEP warning and what to do to resolve this please?
(Is it OK to surf using Moz Firefox before it is sorted, we are looking for a house!?) Thanks.

baldydave 19:57 04 Sep 08

What antivirus are you using and is it up to date?

baldydave 20:01 04 Sep 08

When explorer closes down what info does it give in the popup box?

baldydave 20:06 04 Sep 08

This might be a help
click here

baldydave 20:09 04 Sep 08

Also read this thread,might help.
click here

toofy 20:50 04 Sep 08

Have read your threads. Will need a fresh head tomorrow to get to grips with all that.(spent about six hours 'self-tutoring' already today!) I have AVG Free, Zonealarm, Spywareblaster, Ad-Aware plus I use Mailwasher for e-mails. Thanks for your help.

baldydave 20:53 04 Sep 08

Have you installed any new programs or drivers recently?
When explorer closes down what info does it give in the popup box?

baldydave 20:59 04 Sep 08

You could install this to find out what is causing the problem
click here
Also have you ran scannow?
To do this simply go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…