DEP (Data Execution Prevention)

saxman 19:23 12 Mar 07

I have purchased a new MiNote laptop. It is running WindowsXP Home SP2. I have loaded QBasic a DOS program and Windows word and Excel. I can now hardly use the m/c as I keep receiving the message 'To help protect your computer Windows has closed this program. It also carries a note referring to DEP. I can run QBasic and an audio CD and that is about all. A data CD or trying to run windows programs like My Computer and Control panel produce the same message. I have done a system restore but to no avail. Is there a solution or must I reload WinXP? I did consider a memory fault but as the m/c is new I do not want to mess with the internals. Can anyone please help??

chippy+ 20:12 12 Mar 07

right click my computer,properties,advanced performance,settings,data execution prevention and
click turn on dep for essential windows programs
and services only ps read instructions Chippy

saxman 15:01 13 Mar 07

I have suspected IE7 to be the problem deleted same and no change. I have tried chippy+ advice but it was already set at this value

provider 2 15:34 13 Mar 07

This plus the relevant links might help:click here

saxman 17:16 14 Mar 07

The offending item was realtec juebox. When this was uninstalled all worked perfectly

provider 2 17:25 14 Mar 07

Thanks for the info. Problem and solution noted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…