denboe

denboe 13:13 19 Oct 07

I use dimage viewer(version 2.22) to down-load RAW images from my Minolta A1 camera via USB2. For some unknown reason, I cannot now down-load, using dimage viewer. If I use 'my computer' and select the appropriate input, the down-load is successful. The down-side being a list of icons instead of images. I am using Windows XP.

DieSse 13:28 19 Oct 07

"The down-side being a list of icons instead of images."

Do you mean a list of files?

Try View - and select thumbnails.

Otherwise can you explain in a bit more depth please.

keef66 14:03 19 Oct 07

try reinstalling Dimage viewer?

Personally I have uninstalled it and just use Windows default viewer, but then again I'm using jpegs not raw.

Also I use the memory card in a usb card reader; I never attach the camera to the pc.

As DieSse says, in Windows you can choose to view thumbnails if that's what you want

denboe 11:52 20 Oct 07

The list I can down-load is showing the technical details and photo number, not photo images.

denboe 13:28 20 Oct 07

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Dimage Viewer. Tried down-loading using card reader-negative result. Tried new USB lead to different socket-negative. Dimage Viewer just won't or can't detect the photo images on the memory card either via USB from the camera or via the card-reader. Worked fine up to this week using both the above methods.

DieSse 15:19 20 Oct 07

Did you try changing the View in Explorer to thumbnails?

If so - what happened?

DieSse 15:21 20 Oct 07

Also check in Device Manager as to whether there are any warnings against your USB hardware.

denboe 15:34 20 Oct 07

Tried changing the View but can only get list,icons.
When I select Thumbnails I am getting Icons. I don't think Explorer recognises Raw images.

denboe 15:57 20 Oct 07

All USBs show 'working alright' with 'no conflict'.

DieSse 16:15 20 Oct 07

An MS utility to make Explorer recognise RAW images, might possibly work with your cam.

click here

DieSse 16:20 20 Oct 07

An MS utility to make Explorer recognise RAW images, might possibly work with your cam.

click here

And another one specifically for Minolta cams

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…