DemoShiled runtime error

swapper 16:42 03 Jul 08

I have a Canon Canoscan D1250U2F installed and working fine until recently when I started to get "insufficient memory" just as it would start to "copy", the "scan" option still works fine.

After many attempts to sort this, I uninstalled the whole programme, but I now find that when I attempt to install via the original CD, even when I open the CD to install manually, when I click on the .exe file I get a Message "DemoShield runtime error.....etc"

All of my other CD's will open o.k.

This has been going on for wome weeks, and I now seem to have lost the plot, i.e I cannot remember what I have tried or not!!

Any suggestions please?

chub_tor 17:33 03 Jul 08

After uninstalling the old software it is always a good idea to clean out the old files and registry entries. I use CCleaner click here

You may find that your original software and drivers on your CD have been superceded. I have the same scanner which works fine on XP and Vista. All the latest drivers and software are available from click here.

swapper 08:02 05 Jul 08

chub_tor, thank you for your response, I did exactly as advised, cleaned the Registry with ccleaner and Eusing, but got the same result.

I'm at a loss at the moment?

Halmer 08:07 05 Jul 08
  chub_tor 10:06 05 Jul 08

Did you download the drivers from the Canon site or did you use your original driver disc?

This seems to be the relevant section from Halmer's link click here

swapper 20:02 05 Jul 08

Halmer, I did my best to follow that but the resuld was the ssame?
chub_tor, I have had a look into that, the file version on the Disc is version 6.70.6.0, Description Multi-CD Launch.

In the Link that you refered me to Version 6 is not even mentioned, have you got any suggestions (polite ones please)?

Thanks to you both.

chub_tor 22:05 05 Jul 08

What OS are you running 98, XP, Vista?

chub_tor 22:09 05 Jul 08

click here is the latest driver for all OS's on the Canon website. This is the one that I am using successfully.

swapper 06:58 06 Jul 08

chub_tor, thanks for that, I'm sure that I have done that lot, but I'll uninstall and retry with them again.

This all started when I tried to "Copy" and got an error message "Insufficient Memory" Have you ever had that? as I said, the scanner side workds o.k. but not the Copy side.

O/S - Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Processor
2.85 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Main Circuit Board b
Board: 875P+ICH5R
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 11/17/2003

Halmer 07:51 06 Jul 08

See if any of these help you.

click here

swapper 17:29 07 Jul 08

Marg7, 128 Ram, I suppose I could do with more, I followed your link and did double the size of the vm to 1500mbytes, but I still have the same problem.

I can scan and then print a document, but I would have liked to resolve the problem that I have with the "Copy" option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…