Demise of Partition Magic

Cesar 09:43 10 Jan 09

Since the Demise of the above I would like a suitable replacement can anyone suggest a suitable Programme. Many thanks in advance

Technotiger 10:04 10 Jan 09

since when ? click here

sunnystaines 10:10 10 Jan 09

if you have vista do you need it, with xp is the present version ok.

Miké 10:40 10 Jan 09

click here A excellent freeware partition manager, I have used this for some time highly recommended.

stlucia 11:36 10 Jan 09

"Demise ...

since when ? ..."

When I phoned Norton with a technical problem with PM a while back, they told me there's no plans to make a Vista-compatible version. Presumably that's because Vista has a similar facility built in.

iscanut 11:40 10 Jan 09

If you have XP, then PM is still around. If you have Vista, use the inbuilt system.

Cesar 10:02 11 Jan 09

Yes I have Vista Home Premium, Where do I find the Inbuilt? System? Many Thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:07 11 Jan 09

Forget all the faffing about with partitions, there is no need to on modern computers and it is sooooo 20th century. Get an external HD or 16gb flash drive (around 20-30 squid). Put Acronis on your machine (10-20 squid)and clone the HD.Acronis will do auto incremental backups so you can just forget about it. This is so much better than partitions.

G

Cesar 10:09 11 Jan 09

Thank you Mike I will Download the Programme, and thanks to all Others who replied.

Technotiger 10:18 11 Jan 09

I agree almost entirely with GANDALF <|:-)> but I keep Partition Magic, because it is very handy when working on drives that have been partitioned - mainly to get rid of the Partitions, ie merge them into just the one.

iscanut 11:02 11 Jan 09

Have a look here click here
But as others have said, really no need and I would advise caution if you intend to go ahead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant