Deluge Of Windows Updates (While Stocks Last)

Input Overload 18:55 PM 14 Feb 12

Windows Updates available as it's 'Patch Tuesday'. I had problems with the .net framework update keep trying to installed over & over so in the end I hid it for now at least.

Input Overload 18:56 PM 14 Feb 12

Not as fast on the draw as 'buteman' - Sorry for duplicate post.

sunnystaines 19:33 PM 14 Feb 12

got same problem on xp on 2nd attempt now, it stalled half way though install this time, first time just said fail at the end.

sunnystaines 19:42 PM 14 Feb 12

if it stalls leave alone surf the web or get a coffee after about 10mins the dodgy framework update installs [needs reboot too]

Input Overload 20:30 PM 14 Feb 12

sunnystaines - Thanks, I'll give that a try!

john bunyan 09:15 AM 15 Feb 12

Yesterday I had 11 updates on 2 PC's (W7 64 bit). Took longer than usual, especially the .NET framework 4 one. A Silverlight update failed on both PC's. I was refered to the Silvelight site and installed version 5 - but have never really understood why I need Silverlight at all! Never mind I lige to keep up to date!

john bunyan 09:16 AM 15 Feb 12

lige = like!!

Snrub 09:49 AM 15 Feb 12

Yes same result, Silverlight security update failed on all 3 of my W7 computers. Found later that a newer version 0f Silverlight exits v5 and updated it. Netframework 4 failed on 1 and still trying to sort.

Woolwell 10:08 AM 15 Feb 12

Silverlight is a browser plugin to enable some interactive media applications. It is powered by the .Net framework. I have found little use for it. Silverlight initally failed on my systems but later when I ran Windows update it reported that I was up to date. Network 4 can take a while and problems with this could be linked to Silverlight and vice versa.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know