Deluge Of Windows Updates (While Stocks Last)

Input Overload 18:55 PM 14 Feb 12
Answered

Windows Updates available as it's 'Patch Tuesday'. I had problems with the .net framework update keep trying to installed over & over so in the end I hid it for now at least.

Input Overload 18:56 PM 14 Feb 12
Answer

Not as fast on the draw as 'buteman' - Sorry for duplicate post.

sunnystaines 19:33 PM 14 Feb 12

got same problem on xp on 2nd attempt now, it stalled half way though install this time, first time just said fail at the end.

sunnystaines 19:42 PM 14 Feb 12

if it stalls leave alone surf the web or get a coffee after about 10mins the dodgy framework update installs [needs reboot too]

Input Overload 20:30 PM 14 Feb 12

sunnystaines - Thanks, I'll give that a try!

john bunyan 09:15 AM 15 Feb 12

Yesterday I had 11 updates on 2 PC's (W7 64 bit). Took longer than usual, especially the .NET framework 4 one. A Silverlight update failed on both PC's. I was refered to the Silvelight site and installed version 5 - but have never really understood why I need Silverlight at all! Never mind I lige to keep up to date!

john bunyan 09:16 AM 15 Feb 12

lige = like!!

Snrub 09:49 AM 15 Feb 12

Yes same result, Silverlight security update failed on all 3 of my W7 computers. Found later that a newer version 0f Silverlight exits v5 and updated it. Netframework 4 failed on 1 and still trying to sort.

Woolwell 10:08 AM 15 Feb 12

Silverlight is a browser plugin to enable some interactive media applications. It is powered by the .Net framework. I have found little use for it. Silverlight initally failed on my systems but later when I ran Windows update it reported that I was up to date. Network 4 can take a while and problems with this could be linked to Silverlight and vice versa.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED