Deltree Virus

howryou 09:40 07 Feb 04

Scanned my PC and picked this one up, supposedly a virus going back to 12/99. Norton couldn't fix it so had to delete it. Strange if it is an old virus and has not been picked on twice monthly scans over the last 4 years.

I then went to the Factory Settings CD that was supplied 4 years ago by Time to replace the infected file and the deltree virus is also present there.

I have used the Factory Settings CD before on the PC and never picked up any virus until now and I have not amended or added to the CD in any way shape or form.

Can someone please explain:-
- How can Norton suddenly pick up a virus from the Factory Settings CD that has never been detected before
- How can I create an alternative image/tools/delete.bat file if the origianl is infected

anchor 09:46 07 Feb 04

According to Norton, this has been included since 13.8.01.

Odd that it was not picked up previously.

VoG II 09:55 07 Feb 04

If you really had this trojan you wouldn't have many files left would you? click here

canard 12:39 07 Feb 04

When I installed AVG it spotted this. Norton had missed it all the time it had been in situ. Its effect was zilch tho you'd expect it to trash the system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…