delted hard drive

i accidentally deleted my entire drive without backup; consequently i have no sound &limited vision, how can i re install the sound and video cards

rioboy 10:57 14 Oct 03

Bit more information required ppfeifer such as Operating System, type of soundcard and type of graphics card. Are they onboard or cards?

Gongoozler 10:59 14 Oct 03

ppfeifer, you must reinstall the drivers. Do you have these on disk. If you don't, you need to identify the make and model and download the drivers from the website.

rioboy 12:36 14 Oct 03

ppfeifer I've received your e-mail but for reasons I don't understand am unable to send you a reply.

Anyway Gongoozler is correct in saying that you need to reinstall the drivers. I note from your e-mail that both your sound and graphics are onboard. If that is the case then you should have a disc with the drivers on and all you need to do is insert the disc and it should run automatically.

There are other ways of doing it but try this way first and post back on this site if it doesn't work or you don't have the disc.

device manager says software for the following installed drives is missing

multimedia audio controller
sm bus controller
ethernet controller
anyone know how to fix
ppfeifer

Gongoozler 20:23 14 Oct 03

Hi ppfeifer. The multimedia audio controller is your onboard sound chip driver, the sm bus controller is the system management controller and the ethernet controller is for communicating with other computers on a network. The best place to get these drivers is from the cd that should have been provided with the computer or motherboard. Alternatively you should be able to download them from the makers website. If you are not using the ethernet connection, then I suggest that you would do better to disable it in BIOS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…