Delted emails keep re-downloading into Outlook 2007

xania 15:58 07 Apr 15

I am struggling to get a friend’s computer to operate Outlook e-mail downloads correctly. First the system:

Windows XP (sorry, but he insists!!!) Office 2007 ISP = Virgin.

Outlook currently has in excess of 28,000 emails, going back to when he started up with Virgin on 2009 - and I’m trying to get this sorted! The trouble is that, every time I delete an email, about a day latter it is re-downloaded. So far, so bad.
Now, under normal circumstances, you resolve this issue by going to Internet E-mail settings, and unchecking - but in this case the entire Delivery Section is missing and has been replaced by a copy of the Folders Section. Any ideas how I can get the server to delete these old emails?

xania 14:05 14 Apr 15

An update. No solution but a work around. Got on to the Virgin web site and deleted all old messages - back to outlook and all the old messages vanished. Not ideal, but now more manageable if no-one comes up with anything better

alanrwood 17:59 14 Apr 15

Sounds as though you have it set for IMAC not POP3

alanrwood 18:01 14 Apr 15

Sorry meant IMAP

xania 09:35 15 Apr 15

Didn't think of that. Assumed automatically defaulted to POP especially as all the service boxes are POP. Will check next time I see my friend when his new printer arrives!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5