Dell XPS Will Not Connect to Internet

Legslip 07 Sep 12

Will not connect either wirelessly or via Ethernet direct to router. Shows connected to router but NOT to internet. Have disabled Mcafee firewall but no difference. Any thoughts? Win7

KRONOS the First 07 Sep 12

Try switching of router for a couple of minutes and then try again.

rdave13 07 Sep 12

Have a read here, click here . The last post shows how to reset in Windows 7 but worth reading it all.

Legslip 07 Sep 12

Quick update. Works ok in Safe Mode with Networking!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 07 Sep 12

Then it sounds like a firewall setting blocking your browser

Legslip 07 Sep 12

Hi Fruit Bat. Good to hear from you. Thats my thoughts too and I suspect Mcafee as cause but don't seem to be able to turn off ALL Mcafee services via MSCONFIG. Any further thoughts?

rdave13 07 Sep 12

Have a look here, click here.

Legslip 07 Sep 12

Thanks Dave. I should have remembered. Had a PC a week ago and Mcafee was causing same problem. Although back on the web, don't think their 'fix' software worked. Fink I'll give up on Mcfee and use AVG free. Always been solid and reliable!

rdave13 07 Sep 12

If you've got the paid for version of McAfee why not uninstall then, after reboot, reinstall. All security programs, free or not, get their hiccups, even the great AVG.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message