Dell XPS 8300 i7 2600 3.4GHz - Keeps freezing!

kneecapistanio 11:58 27 Sep 11

Hello

I recently purchased the above mentioned PC and it has started freezing. It doesn't freeze for long, a few seconds but it happens every few minutes.

It becomes very irritating if listening to music or watching a BluRay! I have just received it back from Dell who say there is nothing wrong with the hardware but the problem persists albeit not as frequently.

PC Specs: Intel i7 2600 3.4GHz 8Gb Ram 2 Tb HDD 128Gb SSD Bootdrive (upgrade)
ATI Radeon HD5450 - I use 2x 22in HD monitors

Software: Windows 7 64 bit Free McAfee antivirus

Any help would be appreciated,thank you!

Ryan

northumbria61 22:42 27 Sep 11

Faulty/buggy drivers are a possibility. Try running in safe mode and see what happens. Safe mode uses very basic drivers provided by Windows. If safe mode does work, check the device manager for any hardware-related problems.

northumbria61 22:43 27 Sep 11

Have you tried it with just one monitor connected and is it the same?

100andthirty 06:10 28 Sep 11

Can you remember a time when it didn't freeze? Could it be related to software you've installed or have running in the background?

kneecapistanio 10:30 28 Sep 11

Thanks all for the suggestions. I installed new bootable SSD with a clean version of Win7 with no other software or antivrius installed and the problem persisted. Have tried with one monitor which hasn't improved the situation either.

I will try running in safe mode. Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…