Dell XP install on a Time computer

hoopschick 19:30 05 Jul 05

Is it safe to put XP Professional which came with a Dell computer on to a time computer - disc has not yet been used

TomJerry 19:36 05 Jul 05

you maybe able to install it, but you maynot able to activate it. Without activavtion, it is useless after 30 days.

Completealias 19:36 05 Jul 05

Technically I think that breaks the OEM license aggrement but it probably will work

Completealias 19:37 05 Jul 05

Dell OEM disks don't require activation at least the one we got with our system doesn't

stalion 19:37 05 Jul 05

if it is a full cd of xp pro it can be loaded on any computer but as you probably are aware you can only use it on one computer at a time

hoopschick 19:40 05 Jul 05

Thanx for that - my other option is to reload his old millenium disc - what should I do?

hoopschick 19:44 05 Jul 05

I am in a quandary. I really don't know which way to jump. I put the XP Professional one thinking it was the right one, when scan prompted but it said it was the wrong one and wouldn't go further. Should I install his old ME or the XP Pro

hoopschick 19:46 05 Jul 05

Sorry to go on but, if I put on XP Pro, will is it easy to reverse?

Completealias 19:49 05 Jul 05

I would put his copy of ME back on for him

stalion 19:51 05 Jul 05

before you do anything is there a recovery disc for the time computer if so it can be restored to the factory settings but you will lose all installed programs and files since new

stalion 19:53 05 Jul 05

What is your actual problem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…