Dell warranty - any experiences

lilythepink 21:48 02 Nov 06

I have a Dell desktop which crashed and after a long difficult telephone conversation, and having pulled my desktop apart, they decided to take it back and repair it. New hard disk needed, everything lost of the computer. Returned with a blue screen that will not allow you to turn off the computer.... Now they are saying I will have to reinstall everything, I have told them that it is now one month, since it crashed originally, and since I paid a warranty, they should take it back and repair it, so that it works when I get it back. Anyone else with this experience? Plus I have a laptop which I am using at present, which has decided to stop and start, but I am not going to give Dell a phone call, it cost me the last time??? Any suggestions

FatboySlim71 22:04 02 Nov 06

Good luck with calling Dell, I personally have never had an experiance with Dell but I have several friends who had owned them in the past and they say they will never own another Dell, mainly due to trying to get problems sorted out with them, they said that its like banging your head against a brick wall, im not saying that Dell are all bad but like a lot of other massive firms, they do tend to treat their customers pretty poorly. I was on the verge of getting a Dell at the beginning of this year until I talked to my friends and they then warned me off Dell, they said try Evesham and I did and I am very pleased with the purchase.

lilythepink 22:18 02 Nov 06

I would never buy Dell again, as it seems that your warranty, is a diy thing. You listen to their instructions via the phone call, which you are paying for, and then they take it back, but fail to repair it. the onus is definitely on the owner, as if I am stupid, and cannot repair the machine myself. doh.... what did I pay the warranty for....never ever again

FatboySlim71 22:31 02 Nov 06

Totally agree with you, if you have paid for a warranty it should not be like you say "a diy thing" and then like you have said "and then they take it back, but fail to repair it" this sounds like customer service at its worst. If you take out any onsite warranty the onus should not be on the customer to try and fix it, the place you purchased the pc from should come out and fix it, after all, like you have pointed out "what did I pay the warranty for"

I hope you get the problem sorted out in the end, im just pleased I steered clear of Dell, they seem like a place to avoid.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…