Dell warranty

Bike-it 26 Apr 11

I bought a Dell laptop 18 months ago and with it i bought a two year extended warranty, but the battery in the laptop needs replaced and now Dell tell me that batteries and not covered under warranty, is this correct or are they trying to fob me off.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 26 Apr 11

Batteries are usually classed as consumables are therefore not covered.

A case of reading the small print.

johndrew 26 Apr 11

You need to read the exclusions in the warranty. Batteries are apparently excluded as is fair wear and tear. link text scoll down to '8.3'.

Malcytul 26 Apr 11

Looks like you've been had, you would have thought a company that is supposed to be so good, would have given you a new battery as a matter of good will, how many batteries go wrong during warranty?

wee eddie 26 Apr 11

Malcytul, if a battery proved faulty in the first few weeks, even months, then I am sure that Dell would have replaced it.

However, the length a batteries life is reliant on the way it is treated and therefor it is regarded as a Consumable after a fairly short period unless the identified fault proves otherwise.

mobileman1953 26 Apr 11

i took out 3 year on site warranty on a laptop , contacted them to report a usb port not working, reply i got was usb ports not covered under warranty, fault due to wear and tear , like all other companys they are quick to take your money but wriggle out of any repairs

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message