//some 3rd party need geo

Dell 'Security Tag' & TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Card

kjrider 23:30 22 Jul 04

I have tried to put a Dell TrueMobile 1300 wLAN PCMCIA card into my IBM Thinkpad 600E, running Win ME.

In 'Properties' it says that NDIS.VXD, NTKERN.VXD device loader could not load device driver. So I need a driver!

On the Dell website the only TrueMobile item I can find is a wireless router.

For customer support it says 'type in the device tag' - before you can contact them, but I cannot find any sign of it on my WLAN card.

Anyone got any ideas please?

johnsims 23:42 22 Jul 04

It is actually a "system tag" - this is a Dell system ID number that is on all Dell desktops and laptops, as far as I'm aware it is not on any peripherals that came with the system, certainly not on anything that came with my Inspiron notebook.
click here

The above link takes you to a page on the Dell site where you can download the driver for your 1300.

johnsims 23:46 22 Jul 04

Further to last post: have had another look and it says compatible with Win2K pro, Xp Pro and XP home. It may not work in ME - the only way to find out is to try it. Other alternative is to send an email to Dell support and ask them to supply an ME driver.

kjrider 10:00 23 Jul 04

Thanks for the effort johnsims.

Downloaded, and gave it a try. Just says its for XP and W2K.

Comes up with error 1445 during setup, which on the MS website says 'name interface is not implemented!'

Got a feeling I might be on a losing horse, but will try and get through to Dell again.

Cheers

kjrider 16:10 24 Jul 04

Just to say I finally got throught to Dell - they say I need to change to Win2k OR XP as they don't do drivers for old OS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…