AMD® Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+
Genuine Windows xp™ Home Basic - English
Collect & Return, 1 Year Service only
No Monitor
1024MB 533MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x256]
160GB (7200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive with 8MB DataBurst™ cache
128MB ATI® Radeon® X1300 PCI Express graphics card
16X IDE DVD ROM Drive
Dell™ Entry Quietkey USB Keyboard - UK/Irish (QWERTY)
Dell 2 Button USB Scroll Optical Mouse - Black

Im wondering are Dell good and reliable and what is there delivery like quick?
Also is the GFX card intergrated or dedicated

thx in advance

ventanas 16:40 12 Jun 07

I have 29 Dell PC's and have not had any problems with the exception of one failed monitor after seventeen months. I don't think that's too bad.

I would make two points here though.
You are not including a DVD writer. I assume this is intentional.

I don't know what XP Home "Basic" is. Do you mean XP or Vista Basic. Quite honestly I wouldn't bother with XP now, its old news.

I would also double the ram.

The graphics will be on its own card.

When ordered Dell will give you a link from which you can track the building of the machine, and when complete they will give you a second link to the courier (usually Walsh Western) so you can track its delivery progress.

skidzy 16:46 12 Jun 07

ventanas has said it all really.

However if you are buying from Dell,custom build the pc and then ring them.
I have had 2 computers from them 1 desktop and a laptop and you can haggle a little bit.
My laptop was upgraded and from the custom build online and i still got it cheaper via the phone call.

This advice i have posted before here at PCA and has been noted and the response was good....they saved a few pounds.

Just out of curosity,how much is that system you have listed ?

Belatucadrus 17:03 12 Jun 07

Dell were standard fit at my last place of employment and at the college where I got my HND. Very reliable machines.

Stuartli 17:09 12 Jun 07

Virtually every hospital I've been in - and I've done a lot of visiting around the Merseyside area in recent years - has Dell machines on every ward and in consulting rooms.

Doctors, consultants etc can call up patients' details, records, X-rays etc on screen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…