Dell Printer freezing

Windsoar 18:06 01 Mar 09

We recently bought a colour laser printer (Dell 3010CN)and find it has an annoying habit of freezing part way through a print job, usually after 512kb. The prinbter information box initially says "processing USB" then after a while "Data Wait USB" and after a further while reverts to "ready to print". Meanwhile, on the computer if we open the printer information box it informas us that it is printing and has sent 512kb/???kb and any subsequent documents queue up behind it and nothing else happens however long we wait. Rebooting computer and printer fail to solve the problem and nothing else will print, even if we delete all the print jobs (the best we can get is to the same stage of printing another document). After several attempts (sometimes 1 or 2, but sometimes 20+) it seems t spontaneously clear and I have been unable to spot any pattern to this. Help - Dell completely ignore all warranty emails and letters and I have given up trying to resolve this matter with them having expended nearly 20 hours of my time trying to fix the problem or get Dell to do anything whatsoever. I don't know whether this is a windows or Dell problem but I do know that Dell don't provide any customer service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…