dell printer

sunny staines 18:33 24 Feb 05

A friend's inkjet dell printer does not work just clicks.
reloaded driver thats ok, checked leads thats ok.
just makes a clicking noise.

no conflicts in device manager [using xp]

no tape left on cartridge

any idea's how to help him.

Totally-braindead 19:33 24 Feb 05

I've never even seen a Dell printer though I have seen them advertised so I'm not going to be a lot of help here. Is the printer new? If not did it work before and has just stopped working? Or is it brand new and has never worked? Have you tried contacting Dell?

howard60 19:39 24 Feb 05

what model is it - I have a 720 and it only works on xp nothing previous. He hasn't tried fitting a Lexmark cartridge? although a rebadged Lexmark they have altered it so that only Dell and modified Lexmark cartridges work in it.

sunny staines 06:56 25 Feb 05

its a new one never replaced cartridges [the cheap one that come free with dell pc's]

using xp and a dell pc

howard60 22:07 26 Feb 05

the free trial cartridges that came with the new printer are next to useless. Some do not have any ink in them from start. I buy my cartridges from click here make sure you click on dell 720 or 920 [same cartridge] the IJT cartridges do not say dell just Lexmark but they fit and work correctly.

sunny staines 10:04 27 Feb 05

i will pass this on thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…