dell power supplies

Boy Zone 19:52 23 Jul 07

Hi,

My niece has a problem with her Dell PC, seems to be dead. Although not seen the PC yet. I have a spare atx power supply from an old PC, does anyone know if Dell power supplies are standard fit power supplies? I will see the PC on wednesday.

Totally-braindead 19:57 23 Jul 07

Quite often they are not, you would have to check it and see, Dell used to, a few years ago swap around some of the wires, I believe they no longer do this and the connections are standardised but some of their power supplies are small in size and a standard power supply will not fit.
To be on the safe side I would find out which PC she has and look at the manual paying particular attention to the power supply connections.

woodchip 19:59 23 Jul 07

If you are Any good at bodging, you will be able to make it fit. Main thing is the connections. And room inside for it

Ashrich 20:03 23 Jul 07

Phone the Dell helpline , they will go through the diagnostics with you , if it is the power supply , try not to get one from Dell straight away , have a look on eBay first as Dell charge a fortune . I had a colleague who this happened to , I ended up getting a new case , power supply and motherboard cheaper than just a PSU from Dell , just swapped everything across , only took 30 minutes , easy .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…