Dell partitions and wireless on linux help!!!!!

Internetwhizzkid 10:50 29 May 07

Hi,
at the moment I want to be able to use the new version of Linux ubuntu. Now I downloaded the iso and booted into the live desktop. Never before has my wireless card ever started to work. But until this new version it detects the wireless network but for some reason it does not want to connect to it even after entering the correct wireless key several times. Actually when I boot up the computer I get the following message.
"In order for this computer to function correctly ubuntu maybe using driver software that cannot be supported. Because this software is proprietary it cannot be easily changed to fix any future problems."

Now what does this mean. To me it sounds like it will work when it is installed on the computer but it wont work on the live cd, is that correct?

Now also to save duplicate posts. I have a dell inspiron 6400 notebook and it has 3 partitions one for the windows os another for the medidirect and one final one for the dell system restore. Now since I installed windows vista neither the media direct or restore work, So do you think it will be worth deleting them and then having the space. I do have both of the partitions on a dvd as a ghost image so maybe I can reinstall the partitions is this possible?

If I was to delete them it will be a lot easier to install and dual boot with Linux I would love your support on this

Thanks
Ben

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…