Dell Optiplex GX1

Young Ranger 13:54 26 Aug 04

This probably sounds like a silly question but does anyone know how to take the case off this model of PC. There dosen't appear to be any of the usual screws. It apears to be clipped on but I can't work out how to get it off.

Smegs 14:06 26 Aug 04

I think we need some more info. Just done a search, and it's coming up with a Dest Top and a Tower.

If it's anything like our Dimension, which is a Tower, I have to lay it on it's side, then there are two bottons, one on the top of the case and the other is on the bottom. Press them at the same time, and pull up. You can not actually take the case off.

geeza 14:07 26 Aug 04

there are two buttons on the side of the case push them in and lift off the case from the back towards the front

Young Ranger 14:26 26 Aug 04

Thanks for the info. I will have another go tommorrow when I go into work and report back.

Thanks.

Young Ranger 15:04 27 Aug 04

Easy when you know how isn't it.

I quite liked just having to press buttons to take the cover off. More PC covers should be like that.

Thanks again

YR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…