" Dell Online Store " - scam ?

jarani 18:20 28 Jan 06

i have just received an email purporting to come from the above - correct address - " your order # xxxxx has been accepted for the amount 697 Pounds - thank you for shopping with us

Your order ###### for Digital Camera xxxxxx ( which does not exist ! ) has been accepted for the amount 697 Euros ( it was pounds above )

Your card will be charged in that amount

You can check the order in your profile

click here

Thank you - Dell Online Store

Has anyone experience of this ? - Dell connot be contacted on this on any number over the weekend - any advice ? needless to say i did not click as requested - jarani

Jackcoms 18:23 28 Jan 06

It's a scam/spam.

Delete it and forget it.

malgall 19:45 28 Jan 06

yes scam agree with jackcoms
delete and forget

roxanne1944 18:21 20 Feb 06

Yes, it is - I found something on the Newcastle Univ. Site. I too got one of these e-mails on Sat & got quite panicky - as you say - unable to contact Dell. On the basis that the weblink given Dewar-quality.com contains the order number & two links (supposedly) to Dell online I tried calling Dell today to make them aware.Unfortunately, they have the customer Abuse Phone System. On 08709075818 I got so far but couldn't progress any further without a customer number. On 08709060010 I thought I was actually going to speak to someone - when the line went dead...

vinnyT 11:34 21 Feb 06

FAO roxanne1944

According to this site click here 01344 860456 will get you to the Switchboard - ask for Customer Services.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced