Dell monitor-system cable required

spuds 13:24 22 Mar 07

A neighbour as obtained some older Dell computer equipment, and on try-out it would seem as though there is a problem with the cable coming from the computer and going into the monitor (loose connection!).

Trying to obtain this particular cable is getting rather difficult,due to a possible Dell modification on the plugs. Can anyone direct us to a suitable supplier!.

Cable details: AWM 3101344 Style 2990 VW-1 80C 30V Space Shuttle-C Low Voltage Computer Cable

The cable as two moulded filters fitted at each end, plus one plug is a standard 15 pin male for computer tower and larger 14 pin male for monitor.

A standard SVGA 2x15 pin plug type monitor male cable/lead is not suitable.

fitshase 18:25 22 Mar 07

Only one I can find but doesn't match you description:-

click here

spuds 18:26 22 Mar 07

Having very little success in finding this cable, so it could either be obsolete or a old Dell special. I have three of the old crt monitors, and none of them have this type of cable/lead.

Any suggestions anyone,before I place the tick!.

SANTOS7 18:34 22 Mar 07

click here

Its listed here (near bottom of page) as out of stock, still might be worth giving them a ring to see if they can get one for you...

spuds 21:25 22 Mar 07

Santos7. The link provided seems to be the type needed, so I will pass on this information.

The nearest that I was able to find was something similar to the DVI to VGA Monitor cable click here in this link. The larger 14 pin plug is slightly different though.

Thanks again guys, will tick as resolved.

spuds 17:02 23 Mar 07

Both the neighbour and myself have discussed this further, and the cost of the cable (when available) is rather expensive for the old monitor. On that basis, they are going to buy a new monitor from Ebuyer. We will also check the local monthly computer fair, and see if there is a cable replacement. Plenty of sellers attend with good stocks of obsoletes and unusuals, so perhaps a 50p or 3 for a £1 bargain is to be had!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now