Dell Mini Problems

arnie30 12:56 30 Aug 09

Hi can anyone help?
I'm having problems with my dell mini 910 Netbook and its battery.
Before I continue be advised that it has Ubuntu installed.
For a couple of weeks now I have been unable to recharge the battery, it tells me that it is fully charged but as soon as I unplug the power cable the machine switches straight off. I have had an online discussion with dell support but have been advised to call their ubuntu support line as its a software related issue.I don't know if any of you have tried this but you can't get through. I am surprised if it is a software issue but if so can anyone shed any light on it. as I say when plugged into mains it works fine, then when I plug it it goes off.
Any assistance would be great.

arnie30 12:58 30 Aug 09

I meant to say unplug it not plug it in

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:08 30 Aug 09

Charging the battery has nothing to do with the operating system.

1. Turn off the computer,
2. Take the battery out
3. Take out the power supply
4. Push the power button down for 30 seconds.
5. Reconnect power supply
6. Then the battery.
This is because sometimes the mother board gets static and this clears it.

The battery may also be faulty

arnie30 21:05 03 Sep 09

Cheers for your response but I have tried your suggestion already and to no avail.Its proving a right pain. I'm getting no help from Dell as its running ubuntu OS and although its got a few weeks warranty left I'm not the original owner so they are reluctant to help. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…