Dell Latitude D630 graphics

Flopper 10:34 AM 11 Dec 12

Has anybody seen this before?

Is it easy to fix or is it terminal/very expensive?

I did hear the graphics chip (NVidia Quadro NVS135M) in this model can be problematic.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:07 AM 11 Dec 12

Loose / damaged ribbon cable to screen from motherboard

Graphics chip US

graphics driver problem

what happens when you first boot? does this happen as soon as you switch on or after windows loads?

Can you start it ok in safe mode by tapping F8 as it boots and selecting safe mode from the menu?

retep888™ 11:35 AM 11 Dec 12

I doubt it's a << Loose / damaged ribbon cable to screen from motherboard >> problem because the laptop was seen as well looked after.

Depends on how long ago you bought it, suggest you contact Dell since they'd extended this model's warranty for a few more years because of this GPU's known problem.

When my Dell Inspiron 8600 developed a similar defect to yours years ago, I gave up the idea of repairing because it would be a false economy(not difficult because it had a dedicated/separate GPU as well), but after 7 years I think it served me well enough. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…