Dell latitude d600 shuts down after boot up

bigboab y 09:17 19 May 05

My friends Latitude d600 shuts down completely after a few minutes..power button has to be pressed to reboot.. but fault keeps returning.. this happens running on the mains unit.though I have noticed that the power monitor shows the battery is totally discharged.After rebooting a few times I notice some heat on the left hand side of the base keypad.. the Dell forums seem to indicate this is a common trait on these machines. I have checked the power setup and it looks ok as far as shutdown times etc. are set at....Any thoughts guys/gals

bigboab y 10:23 19 May 05

Been faffing about with this pooter.. NOW it wont start at all!!..the little battery charging light now goes on and off intermittently,but pressing the power button puts it out and nothing happens... is the internal power part of this gadget part of the motherboard and is it fixable? The light on the external power supply is on so it looks as if that is not a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…