dell latitiude 110L activation & drivers help need

pharte 12:20 14 Apr 06

my friend kids managed to crash his dell latitude 110L laptop, I've managed to reinstall windows and got it running again but there are two things I need to do.
1. I used my own xp pro disc and was going to type his key from the sticker into the activation box but it wouldn't accept it, I used my own but now need to change it back to the proper do I change the product key ?.

2. as I have done a fresh install I've lost the Dell stuff, mainly the internal wifi wireless drivers. I've looked on the website but can't put my finger on it, anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

VoG II 12:23 14 Apr 06
  Jackcoms 12:24 14 Apr 06

"how do I change the product key ?."

You don't. You use your "friends kids" XP CD and install XP again.

"as I have done a fresh install I've lost the Dell stuff, mainly the internal wifi wireless drivers"

Speak to your friends kids They will have been supplied with CDs by Dell.

pharte 12:49 14 Apr 06

thanks VOG, I've tried that but when I try to input the activation code from the sticker it tells me I've got an incorrect product key which is odd as it's a proper genuine dell oem key.

Jackcoms, if I had the discs to hand I would use them, if you can't be helpfull and feel the need to be sarcastic then don't bother replying

billyliv 13:05 14 Apr 06

Hi, Leave it for another two or three weeks and try reactivating again with the original product key. Failing that give microsoft a ring and explain the situation, the option to ring microsoft is given when trying to activate. I am surprised you cant get the drivers from the web site. My laptop uses a wireless card which slots into the laptop. Nothing to do with Dell I mention this as Dell doesn't have the drivers for the card. Good luck with it. Cheers, Bill

billyliv 13:10 14 Apr 06

Hi, Sorry if I misread your post. If you activated using your product key I would leave well alone unless you want to re-instal your version of XP on your own computer. Cheers, Bill

pharte 13:36 14 Apr 06

I'll do the necessary microsoft stuff later, looks like I'll have to ring them to use the oem product key, I was just looking for a quick way for now.
The software I will get as and when from the dell website which is vast. This is unless I can lay my hands on the dell disc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…