Dell laptops default bios

Paul-230483 15:19 17 May 07

Does anyone know how to clear the default dell laptop bios By all accounts this is a common problem and dell support wont give out this information.

I dont want to open the machine up

skidzy 15:26 17 May 07

Does the bios have a default setting...such as back to factory settings.

Can you explain why you wish to do this,messing with a bios change may prove very harmful to the system.

Some bios are also password protected.

Paul-230483 15:28 17 May 07

I have been locked out of the machine?
It wont boot without entering a bios password.
I have heard this is common with dell laptops.

Technotiger 15:33 17 May 07

Switch off and remove mains plug ...

To reset the bios cmos, look at the motherboard somewhere near your battery there should be a jumper placed in two pin, if there is no third pin just take out the jumper then place it back. if there is a third jumper just place it in 2-3 position then back to normal position. Dont forget to fully switch off your pc/laptop, risk of ruining your motherboard if you clear the cmos with powered up motherboard.

Another way to get the bios to default value is by removing the battery, just remove it for 30 min then put it back again. Unplug power cable first.

skidzy 15:33 17 May 07

Have you flashed this bios with an updated bios ?
If so,you may need to clear the cmos.
Afraid this means going inside the tower.

If this is a new machine and under warranty and you have the Dell update manager advising you to update the bios...you may have a case to take up with DELL.

see if this help click here

Technotiger 15:42 17 May 07

PS - I forgot to mention, that was courtesy of Google - I am not that clever:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…