Dell laptop screens

Sapins 17:39 08 May 06

Is the 17" Ultra Sharp WUXGA+ (1920x1200) worth the extra £166 over the 17" WXGA+ (1440x900)

Jackcoms 18:17 08 May 06

Will you need the higher definition of the WUXGA+?

Only you can decide.

rmcqua 18:27 08 May 06

Amost 150,000 extra pixels, Sapins. I would think the difference will be quite noticeable. Personally, I find that monitor definition and quality is just about the most significant factor that affects my enjoyment (or otherwise) when using a PC so, provided that I could afford it, I would go for the "super" version.

Sapins 19:13 08 May 06

Thanks for your replies, I will go for the WUXGA+.

Mad Mick 20:16 08 May 06

It's magic. The picture quality is superb.

Sapins 16:49 10 May 06

Just ordered an Inspiron 9400 with the WUXGA+. Will let you know what it's like when I get it up and running.

Regards,

Sapins.

Sapins 15:57 18 May 06

Laptop arrived Tuesday, set it up with Avast AV and Windows firewall, it found my network without any input from me! Wednesday installed Norton GoBack, 3 BSPD immediately! had to disable GoBack to get into system restore in safe mode, and I had just donwloaded 31 critical updates which I obviously had to do again, thank goodness for broadband.

After that interesting start have now got it running ok and I am really pleased with it. The screen was definitely worth the upgrade and the build is very good.

vinnyT 12:27 19 May 06

Glad you like it, sometimes, it really is worth paying more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…