Dell laptop problems

Bike-it 18:33 21 Feb 09

I recently bought a studio 1737 laptop but today i went to eject a disc by using the soft touch button but it is not working, also there seems to be something up as whenever the laptop is plugged into the mains the screen is always brighter but today it makes no difference wheather it is being used by mains or battery the screen remains the same. icons and text are not as sharp as they should be, help needed please.

Pineman100 18:44 21 Feb 09

It's normal for a laptop screen to be dimmer on battery than on mains power. This is done to extend battery life. You can change this behaviour if you want to by going into your computer's power saving options. You should find that there are alternative settings for running on mains power and battery power.

While you're looking at this setting, you may also find that the screen brightness setting on mains power has changed - you could reset it to full brightness.

Most laptops also have a brightness adjustment on the keyboard. Normally this involves holding down the CTRL or the ALT key and hitting one of two keys that have symbols like the sun on them - one with an up arrow and one with a down arrow.

Pineman100 18:50 21 Feb 09

forgot about your CD drive.

Have you tried ejecting this from Windows Explorer? Right-click on the drive, then click on Eject.

If that doesn't work, is there any possibility that there's an incorrectly inserted CD jammed in there?

Bike-it 18:56 21 Feb 09

The disc will eject from windows explorer,

nepakabintas 19:04 21 Feb 09

hello! i just discovered a brand new site and i really felt like sharing with you!
click here - it is a penny auction, where you can buy all brand new items like laptops, iPod's, LCD TV's, Nintendo Wii, digital camera's, PC and even cars! for a few pennies. IT IS REALLY MAD! but it is true, come and take a look and register. Registration only takes couple of minutes, and in few moments you my win a brand new laptop or TV!
it is all in here - click here - i am waiting for you, Don't miss this chance to grab a superb bargain for a few pennies. click here
thank you, yours sincerely Thomas Cook.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…