//some 3rd party need geo

dell laptop malfunctions

bert52a 15:04 30 Apr 05

This is what has happened
1 I can't download photos any more

2 I had about a 10 minute wait for my printer to work.Finally it printed

3 the printer won't print at all

4the memory stick began to work intermittently.

An engineer contacted dell and they've told him we need to do a system restore.I'm not happy about this because I think in time the same situation could recur and even though a backup will be created the engineer says I'll lose all the programs I have on my computer except the ones that will now be provided by Dell ie the bundle that comes with the new laptop.
Any ideas?

bert52a 15:07 30 Apr 05

Sorry! clicked twice by accidentand forgot to say
windows xp inspiron 1000

VoG II 15:08 30 Apr 05

What happens when you try to download photos?

Which version of Windows? If XP have you tried System Restore to before things went wrong (Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore). This will restore Windows files but will not affect your programs, documents, e-mails etc.

bert52a 15:36 30 Apr 05

when i try to downloadphotos I get an error message.The first time this happened the engineer re-downloaded the driver and it worked for a while.When I use my pc to download on the same camera it works fine- this pc also works with the same printer.Of course, you're right about the system restore with windows xp (I am using xp)so I wonder why dell have said that they will send all the discs in response to my problem.
thanks for your help so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…