Dell Laptop crashing

ronec 10:18 AM 31 Oct 11

This is quite a vague question at the moment, as I cannot get access to the model of the laptop, but I will try and see if anybody has any ideas. My grand daughters laptop keeps crashing. Unfortunately she either cannot find, or did not make a Recovery Disk. My daughter took it to a repair shop, and was told that as there is no recovery disc, he would have to install a new hard drive. Is there a way round it? I have a disc called 'Dban'. I understand it cleans the HHD. I have an official Windows Vista disc, but the laptop ran Vista. I have a Recovery Disc for my Acer (Vista)and one for a Toshiba (W7) but I suppose neither of these would be much help. Does anybody have any ideas?

ronec 10:27 AM 31 Oct 11

OK, I have found that it is possible to download a Recovery Disc from Dell. At the moment I cannot get access to the computer to get all the details off it.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…