Dell Laptop Charging problem

Duncanf 12:25 PM 15 Apr 11

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 and have problems with it not charging via the mains adaptor. I've replaced the adaptor twice (it then works for several days and stops) and I'm at my wits end as the battery level is now down to 15%. I'm using Vista Home Premium. Any help would be gratefully received!

Thalmus 15:50 PM 15 Apr 11

There a number of reasons this can happen

1. You got a duff battery, one of my laptops currently has this problem and is due to battery, if you have a spare you can test with that

2. The charging circuit on the laptops motherboard is duff, the motherboard will need replacing. IF your laptop is still under warranty contact dell

3. There is a specific bug in vista that causes this, if this is what is causing the issue follow the instructions below to resolve

Click Start and type device in the search field, then select Device Manager . Expand the Batteries category. Under the Batteries category, right-click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, and select Uninstall . WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver. On the Device Manager taskbar, click Scan for hardware changes . Alternately, select Action > Scan for hardware changes . Source

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off