Dell J740 printer Problem

Crash 18:53 22 Apr 06

Hi

My Girlfriend has this printer and it has started to print streaks as if the printer heads need cleaned. I cleaned them using the printer software and also in warm water. It is only the colour cartridge that is causing problems. Are there any other suggestions on techniques to clean Dell printer cartridges? Or will they or the printer need replaced? I would have got her the Dell All-in-one 924 but she really likes this printer.

Totally-braindead 19:09 22 Apr 06

I wouldn't have a Dell printer as a gift. Its not that they aren't good printers or anything, they are rebadged Lexmarks, but they are so expensive for refills. Only suggestions I have are, buy another colour cartridge or get another printer something thats cheaper to run.

spuds 19:25 22 Apr 06

Before thinking of dumping the printer, try another cartridge. Dell and Lexmark are the same cartridge except for a slight modification for cartridge fitment. I use the Lexmark X5150 all-in-one, and the cartridges are expensive, so I refill (not always guaranteed) my own, which works out at about 50pence a refill.

For compatibles click here

Possible solution click here

Crash 21:28 22 Apr 06

Thanks for the advice. I'll ring Dell to see if they will replace the cartridge or she'll get a new Epson or HP printer!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…