Dell intergrated card reader

bhagat singh 19:50 26 Oct 07

hi guys, i have a inspiron 1501 laptop which was pre-installed with vista. i decided to switch back to the much preferred XP proffesionnal. however now when i go on my computer i cannot see the card reader anywhere. i downloaded a ricoh driver off the dell website which i am pretty sure is the right one and installed it yet nothing!

Help!

jack 20:06 26 Oct 07

A Card reader is a USB device[internal or external] and needs no additional driver.[The operating system has it integrated]
Check the BIOS to ensure USB devices are enabled

bhagat singh 20:18 26 Oct 07

thanks for the reply. i checked the bios (entering setup at the beginning i think?) and all the usb and removable drives seemed enabled and ok. any other ways of checking or suggestions?

bhagat singh 20:49 26 Oct 07

anyone?

jack 09:02 27 Oct 07

Have you checked the viability of other USB devices?
If they work and the card reader is still out then try one last thing.
Insert a card and reboot perhaps/maybe it need to a card to recognise at start up.
Failing that is back to Dell or simply ignore it and buy an external one
Probably cheaper and certainly more convenient than shipping the machine away for repair.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…