Dell inspiron Wireless problem

peug417 16:44 21 Jul 08

I have a Dell inspiron 2200 which has had the hard drive formated. It is running Win XP pro.I have logged the service tag no from the base of the unit onto the dell website and downoaded and installed the drivers for the built in wireless card. (Dell Wireless 1370 WLAN Mini-PCI Card) The four bar indicator is in the toolbar and is switched on by FN+ F2 (the only difference i can see to prior the format is these bars are blue when they were green before.) The laptop is set as a static ip adress in the router and the mac adress of the card has been added to the wireless management tab of the router. The laptop balloon pops up saying that networks are available to connect to but none are showing when you click the icon. the router is working fine as my acer is conected to it now while im tyoing this. Am I missing something obvious??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:00 21 Jul 08

Run the wireless network connection wizard in control panel.

peug417 17:25 21 Jul 08

The only thing I can see is the Wireless Network setup wizard in the control panel.. I have run this but its asking me to put my flash drive into other computers i want on the network. I am loathed to do this as the other laptop is working ok..

cream. 17:46 21 Jul 08

and then try to see it.

If no go.

Open network connections in control panel. Is the wireless network connection showing?

If it is, right click > properties > wireless networks > add.

Put the name of the router ( ie SSID ) and then the network key, twice. Then try.

peug417 21:57 21 Jul 08

I have enabled the Wireless Zero Configuration to disable the dell connection tool. Am now getting the message no wireless networks in range though i am 4ft away from the router and the mac address is inserted into the wirless management of the router..

peug417 13:11 22 Jul 08

i have disabled the built in card and inserted my DLINK airplus card which once i installed the driver, windows picked up and connected to my network straight away. So the question is, is the built in card defective? or is the driver from the dell support site not the correct one, though I have tried more than one of the drivers from the site..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac