Dell Inspiron USB Problem

Pillo 17:35 09 Jan 07

I'm looking at a Dell Inspiron 1300 which appears to have lost its USB drivers. Tried using the XP SP2 disc as the source to no avail so I reinstalled Service Pack 2 complete. Still no good. The machine just keeps telling me the drivers can not be found. It asks to connect to the internet to find them but, of course, my modem is USB!!! - Help please.

2Xtreme_lives 18:51 09 Jan 07

Try going into the BIOS of your laptop and checking the USB configuration, it might help as the USBs should automatically work

L_Driver 19:04 09 Jan 07

If this was Dell supplied you will have a Utilities CD. Explore that, see if USB drivers available on it.

Pillo 16:59 10 Jan 07

2Xtreme/L_Driver,

Thanks for that but the BIOS has no config.setup for USB and I've tried the Dell Utilities Disk. No good. Short of a complete reinstall I'm stumped!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:18 10 Jan 07

Uninstall EVERYTHING under the heading USB in device manager then reboot.

It should then reinstall the drivers.

Pillo 17:43 10 Jan 07

Thanks, Fruit Bat, already tried that. The wizard starts up but after a brief search it says the software could not be found on this computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…